Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nokia's grand plan?

Back in December, Cingular announced a deal with HBO to deliver their content. "But, what would I do with Deadwood or The Sopranos on my phone?" you say. I agree; phones aren't the best devices for watching a TV show. Even the iPod video isn't that much better. It hurts my neck to look down in my lap for anything longer than an episode of Arrested Development. But I think Nokia has bigger plans.

The Nokia N80 will be first phone on the market which supports UPnP and Wi-Fi and WCDMA. This combination of technology means with a receiver and TV which also supported UPnP and Wi-Fi, you could stream a HBO show off Cingular's network to your TV and stereo.

And, today, Nokia's AD-42W Wireless Audio Gateway showed up in FCC filings. Maybe a cheaper way to test the waters with just audio?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home